I am sooo excited!!! I found out last week that I was nominated for the blogger recognition award! This is my first award. I was getting a little worried because I have been blogging for about six months and I have been watching others get two and three (maybe more). I would like to thank Randie, creator of the blog wordswithrandie. If I were you, I would go check out her blog and show her some love, especially if you are a “wordie.”
Okay, so in accepting my nomination, there are some rules I am going to follow. They are….
- Thank the nominator and provide link to blog
- Write award post
- Brief story on how you started your blog.
- Give two small pieces of advice for other bloggers
- Select 15 other blogs to nominate
- Tell those who you’ve nominated that they were selected
How I started my blog
Back in 2013, I decided that I wanted to reach out to women that were going through the same things that I was going through. I felt like it would be healing for me as well as others. I started it, but things grew super slow. I really did not do as much research as I should have and the lack of participation made me decide that maybe my timing was wrong. It haunted me for a long time. I needed to get back on it. I have been through so much in my life from being a military spouse, mother, family member and friend and I was desperate to start sharing. In my personal life I had so many trust issues and I rarely share my experiences, but for some reason, it has been easier to be transparent in my blog posts now. I restarted my blog in January of this year and I have not looked back! Although I have done more research and joined groups, it has been just as hard but I decided not to give up again. I need to keep pushing because I believe I can reach others and heal through my blog. I am definitely getting better with being transparent and vulnerable, which is very important to me.
My Advice to other Bloggers
- Trust yourself! Listen to the advice of other people but do not make it your own. When you had the dream to create your blog, you had a vision of what you wanted it to be. It is good to listen to the advice of others but not so much that your blog is nothing like you envisioned it…like it becomes someone else’s dream. Trust what you believe about yourself and what your vision is for your blog and work it!
- Be consistent. If you have to make a schedule or calendar, make sure that you are there when your followers expect you to be. If you are going to post once or twice a week, do your best to be there. You may have to write a few blog post ahead and schedule them just in case of emergencies or vacations. It is hard to keep a schedule sometimes with life “getting in the way” at times. The more consistent I have gotten, the more of a following I have been growing. I set aside time for me and that time has been healing for me. It is a special time where I get to share my heart and be vulnerable. I have grown so much as a wife, mom, and friend…especially spiritually since I began this journey. It has been so freeing!
My 15 nominees are…
- Sunny in June
- Beautiful Chaos
- This Mommy is Real
- Life Beyond Us
Again, I want to thank wordswithrandie for the nomination and the person/persons that created this award. This is such a cool way to recognize bloggers. I am thankful for the nomination and even more excited to recognize others that I have been enjoying.