I am always trying to find new ways to care for my skin as I am running from looking my age. I purchased toner that contained rose water because it sounded fancy and now I see it in everything! I looked up how my skin would be benefitting from using water and I found some good stuff us.
There are so many benefits for rose water that it almost seems like some kind of magic potion. IT is very versatile as well. Whether you have oily, dry, or combination skin, rose water can be a part of your beauty routine. I think that alone makes it a secret weapon for all women to use and benefit from.
In choosing a product, the first thing you need to do is make sure that you buy only 100% pure rose water (the distilled water of roses), the by-product of rose oil production. The use of rose water dates back to early Egypt when Cleopatra was said to use it in her beauty routine. She is the world’s most legendary beauty queen so if she used it…….
Ok, so let’s talk about some skincare and hair care uses of rose water…
- Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s PH balance and also controls excess oil.
- Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Aids in removing oil and dirt from the skin accumulated in clogged pores so it is a great cleanser.
- Rosewater helps hydrate, revitalize, and moisturize the skin giving it a refreshed look.
- It also has antibacterial properties so rosewater also aids in healing scars, cuts, and wounds.
- The antioxidant properties help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissue.
- Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness
- The aroma is said to be a powerful mood enhancer that can rid you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being making you feel more relaxed.
- Rosewater also enhances the quality of your hair with its nourishing and moisturizing properties. It is a natural conditioner and revitalizes hair growth
- It is known to treat mild scalp inflammation and get rid of dandruff.
- The scent of rose water on your pillow is said to help you sleep better
- It also helps with aging, keeping wrinkles and fine lines away.
Rosewater can also be used to lighten skin pigmentation. It can be mixed with any face mask that you love, it works wonders! It is a part of my everyday routine now and I love it. When I go for my facials, my esthetician is impressed with this 46-year-old skin and does not even make suggestions anymore for my routine! +