OMG y’all…it’s Fall!! Oh, those Fall feelings I get. Do you get them as well?
I do live in the south so it does take Fall a little longer to get here but I am so ready! It is my favorite time of year for so many reasons. I still get my house ready as soon as September 22 arrives with falls leaves and pumpkins and all smells warm and cozy. Just like every year before, as fall slowly makes its way to my home, those fall feelings take over my senses…well my life!
Ok, so I guess I should share what those fall feelings are for me….
- The changing of the leaves. So I never like raking up the leaves, but I truly enjoy the beautiful colors. All of the various shades of red, yellow, and orange that makes me think of when my brother and I would rake the leaves only to dive right in when we got a huge pile together. I sit in my sunroom now watching the leaves falling in the cool crisp morning air and smile. No leaf looking or falling just the same. Everyone of them has had a journey to this point, a story of their own.
- Warm teas and hot chocolate! I do have my teas all year long but now I throw in the apple flavors and different “fall” type teas. Oh yes, hot chocolate with extra whipped cream please! There is nothing like sipping on something that has the ability to warm you up from the inside out. My favorite “fall” tea is the Caramel Apple Dream from Celestial Seasonings. It is amazing and I throw a cinnamon stick in for good measure. Now matter what your favorite beverage is this time of year, time seems to stand still when you grab that cup of whatever it is and bask in the warmth of the season.
- Pumpkin Patch visits! I have never celebrated Halloween with my children, but we do celebrate the transition to cooler weather. We go to the pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins. Some they want to decorate, others they want to make pies or just get because of their cool shape or color. We sit around laughing and decorating. We eat, watch a scary movie and laugh some more. It is our thing. A tradition that I hope they take with them to their own families.
- Outdoor Fun. The hiking, the walks, golfing, outdoor movies and such…it is going down y’all! Fall is the perfect time for me to be outdoors. It is my favorite time to visit the beaches and fall in love with it all over again. I tend to recognize more details that I overlook in my daily hustle any other time. We get to open the windows and let the fresh air in.
- Layers and layers. There is something about being able to throw on a sweater and run out of the door without being soaked with sweat by the time you reach the car. This is my favorite fashion season because I do get to layer my favorite summer clothing while in transition. There is so much magic in layers. And we wanna show off our cutest fall fashion ideas so we will be out walking or riding bikes more rather than driving. For me, I love a cotton pullover or cute long cardigan, but I will not rule out the comfort and security of a zip up hoodie. I am so ready for this sweater weather.
Falling in Love with Fall
No matter how you like to enjoy the fall weather, it is on the way and I plan to enjoy as much of it as I can. This is a good time to visit with friends and family, although we are still restricted in most places. Fall makes me want to hold on to the people I love a little tighter. It is so easy for us to get tied down with the mundane things of life. You know, those things that we have claimed as “so important”. Most of those things take us away from being in the moment, and fostering meaningful relationships with our friends and family. They keep us from actually living! Not this year, family. We can do what we need to do to stay healthy and safe and love on our tribe while enjoying this beautiful weather.