So in this ever-growing and changing beauty world, there are some old tricks that will never die. I use honey for a lot of things, especially in addition to my regular beauty regimen when my body needs some extra loving. Raw honey has anti-microbial, antiseptic, and anti-bacterial properties. It also speeds up the healing process and prevents infection. So here are some uses for honey to add to your nighttime routine for a healthier, more beautiful you…
- Winter is coming and that means our lips are going to need a little extra attention. For dry lips, I exfoliate with a thin layer of honey and sugar before I go to bed. Follow with Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask and I wake up with soft, smooth lips.
- If you have problems with acne, which I do occasionally, you can apply raw honey to the affected area and cover it with a bandaid. Leave it overnight and just rinse in the morning. Enzymes in the honey will draw out fluid, drying it out.
- Winter also brings dry hair for some. You can mix raw honey with some olive oil or coconut oil and wrap your hair up overnight. This will help to add moisture to your hair.
- For beautiful glowing skin, this trick has been awesome for me. I have to skip applying it to my nose because my nose is an over-achiever in the department of making oil so I just miss my nose. Mix one part raw honey and two parts aloe vera gel. Apply this on your face before you go to bed.
- You can use honey for scars too! Just apply a thin layer of raw, organic honey and leave it on the scar overnight.
- Do you have blackheads? Mix some honey and lemon juice and apply it to the affected area.
The reason why these are part of my nighttime self-care is that nighttime is when we work on repairing and rejuvenating our skin. Our skin needs to be nourished and nighttime is when we should address our skin issues, like antiaging and acne.
Be sure that you are purchasing raw honey to receive the full benefits. Raw honey contains the beneficial compounds associated with the healing and health benefits associated with this organic food. Other benefits of raw honey are that it boosts your energy levels, helps you fall asleep faster, cut and burn treatment, treat fever blisters, soothes acid reflux, aids in digestion, boosts your immune system, hangovers, and sinus issues to name just a few.
So let’s thank the bees for hooking us up and get all of the benefits of honey that we can.