I have really adopted meditation in my morning routine and I have been reading about all of the different methods of better mental health out there because I am not one to pop pills for every little thing. I came across an article about Chakras and healing crystals and I found it interesting enough to want to give it a try.
Ancient cultures used healing crystals and stones to align, clear, and transform their energy, spirit, and physical health. Now lately, my energy has been great…it has been the people around me that draw from my energy and I am over it! I know that I have to start avoiding people or eliminating them from my life, which I have been. The Egyptians, Mayans, and Sumerians would adorn themselves with jewelry and other buildings made from crystals. They knew back then what these crystals could do but modern culture has forgotten about crystals as a healing technique until recently.
How do crystals work?
Everything in the entire universe is made up of energy. The energy in crystals, depending on the crystal, has healing properties that are even occasionally used in medications. And just like magnets attract and repel, healing stones use energy the same way. Placing a crystal over certain parts of your body will cause your energy to transform, vibrate, pulse, move, or shift in accordance with the properties and energetic signature of the crystal.
What type of healing can you expect?
Crystals can be used to heal migraines…anxiety… many things! Crystals can also accelerate your meditation practices and/or align your chakras. With the right crystal or stone, from what I have read, there is no limit to the healing benefits.
There are 3 primary ways healing crystals can transform your energy and resolve imbalance.
- Clearing— crystals can absorb and remove certain types of energy from your body (haha, kind of like the people I know).
- Energizing– crystals can also push energy into your body, mind, or spirit through inducing resonate frequencies. This is similar to electricity- conducting and transferring energy into an object/person. Unlike electricity, it is not painful or dangerous.
- Balancing–Look at our bodies. For the most part, we are pretty symmetrical. Sometimes our energy gets out of balance and using the appropriate crystal or stone can help us to be balanced and get out of energetic disharmony.
After reading and really getting ready to see if the crystals can do what I read about, I am finally ready to take this on. Research and development!! So the stones I am going to use are…
- Amethyst. It is said to cure hangovers and drunkenness. I don’t have these issues but I threw that in there for free (smiles). It also helps in connecting people to their spirituality. Amethyst clears the mind, brings clarity and tranquility and works with the upper chakras.
- Rose Quartz. This one is said to be the love crystal so of course I am jumping on this one. It helps to attract love, protect relationships and heal your heart. It also helps you to recover from pain and disappointment and balances your heart chakra.
- Iron Pyrite. Deters negative energy (gonna purchase a giant one of these!). It activates your intellect and memory. Strengthens your self worth and willpower and promotes positive thinking and business success. Alex, order me 100 pounds of this one please!
- Tiger eye. This one helps to maintain and grow wealth. It helps to create understanding and awareness. It is said to be very effective when you are feeling stressed so it would be great with meditation.
- Hematite. Ok, when I read that this one helps to ground and balance you, I got excited! I need that so bad with the 101 hats I wear on a daily bases. It is used to center and calm you and clear away negative feelings. It treats anxiety?! Whaaaaaa?. SO yes! we are going to try this one as well.
The way to use them is to hold them in your hand during meditation in your sacred space, carry a crystal with you in your pocket or purse, place them on your body, use them in your home as part of the decor, or during a spa treatment.
This is really just a few but I do want to see how and if they work. Many people swear by them, just as many do essential oils so I’m in. I will have to do a follow up post on what I think about crystals and the ones I chose to try. If any of you have used or are presently using the crystals are stone, feel free to share your experiences and favorites ones to use.